EASY CARE, SUN OR PART SHADE, YEAR ROUND INTEREST
Price range: £14.50 – £26.50 inc VAT
Fagus sylvatica Purpurea
- Long lasting ageless hedging plant
- Popularly known as Copper Beech
- Purple leaves turn coppery in autumn
- Year round interest with glossy foliage
- Attractive hedging plant although used as specimen tree in a large garden or park setting.
Beautiful purple leaves turning coppery in autumn and crispy brown in winter. Provides a fabulous subtle backdrop and is perfect perimeter hedging in winter. A great alternative to evergreens.
Hedging: 3 plants per metre in a double row and 2 plants in a single row.
Hardiness: Fully Hardy
Soil Type: Fertile, moist but well-drained soils.
Position: Full sun or partial shade.
Growth Rate: 12-16 inches (30-40cm) a year in ideal soil conditions. Eventual unclipped height 25 metres.
Planting time: In autumn or spring.